Effective July 5, 2020
Purple Mountain Physical Therapy, LLC
We respect the privacy of our customers and website users and have developed this policy to demonstrate our commitment to protecting your privacy.
This policy describes our practices with respect to the collection, maintenance, storage, usage, sharing and disclosure of personal information relating to users of our websites and products and services we offer.
For the purpose of this policy our website(s) refers to purplemountainpt.com, purplemountainphysicaltherapy.com and maureenokeefept.com.
Information we collect:
When you visit our website(s), we collect personal information if we have a reason to do so. For example, to provide our Services, to communicate with you, to operate effectively and to enhance our Services. In so doing, we will learn certain information about you. We collect this information from three sources:
- If and when you provide information to us (for example when you create an account, contact us or make a purchase)
- Automatically through operating our service (such as your IP address when you interact with our website(s))
- From outside sources.
Information you provide to us:
Information you disclose may include, but not be limited to the following:
Basic account information: We ask for information from you to set up your account (examples of this include name, address, email, phone, address, birthdate).
Personal information related to your activities, condition or diagnosis, lifestyle, gender, interests or other demographic information.
Common circumstances where you provide personal information include:
- Account creation, scheduling an appointment, receiving physical therapy treatments, contacting us with a question.
- Interacting with social networking sites may be possible through our website(s). You may have the ability to enter personal information, such as your public profile information, contact information or lists of friends through our site(s) or social networking site or app. You may directly enter your personal information or authorize us to download the information from a third-party. These third-party sites and apps may allow you to directly provide information including such things as your purchases, physical location, reviews or comments.
- When you sign up to receive newsletters, blogs, clinic updates, promotional information, notifications or communications from us, we ask you to provide personal information to allow us to deliver these to you.
- Communicating with us: You may also provide us with information when you respond to surveys, provide a review or testimonial, or post a question. When you write a review or testimonial you might provide us personal information about you. When you communicate with us via a form, email, phone, letter or other message we receive your personal information.
Payment and contact information: If you purchase something or receive a Service with a fee from us, we’ll collect information to process your payments and to contact you. You provide personal information such as your name, credit card information, contact information and billing address. We also keep a record of the purchases you’ve made. We track certain information about what services and products you purchase. The payment through a credit or debit card is captured and processed by third-party vendors who serve as payment processors and merchant account providers. Third-party vendors who assist us in our business functions do so pursuant to their own terms and conditions and privacy policies.
Information we collect automatically:
- Log information: We collect information that web browsers, mobile devices and servers typically make available. Examples of these include, but may not be limited to: browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preferences, referring site, device type, the date and time of access, operating system and mobile network information. We collect log information when you use our Services.
- Usage information: We collect information about your usage of our Services. This may allow us to track your email address, identify page views and searches. We also may collect information about your device, such as screen size, mobile device manufacturer and cellular network. We use this information to provide enhanced Services to our website visitors and to gain insights into how people use our Services so we can make adjustments based on usage information.
- Location information: We may determine the approximate location of your device from your IP address. We collect this information to know how many people are accessing our site from certain geographic regions. We may also collect precise location if you post a photograph to our site and your mobile device’s operating system allows us to collect location.
- Stored information: We may access stored information on your mobile device in circumstances, for example, if you upload a photo onto our site.
- Interactions with other users’ sites: If you are logged into your account with us we may be able to collect some information about your activity in other users’ sites.
- We may also get information about you from other sources. For example, if you create or login to our website(s) through another service (such as Google or Facebook) we receive information from that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and what options are available.
- It is important to note that our website(s) may contain links to other websites that do not operate under this policy. These third-party websites may provide us with your activity information on their websites and they may collect or solicit information from you. Please review the privacy statements of all third-party websites to understand their information practices. We respect your privacy and support privacy on the internet and we do not have control over, nor can we be responsible for, the actions of third-parties.
- To provide our Services: For example, to set up and maintain your account, provide customer service and support, perform necessary business functions, to respond to your requests, deliver a service or product to you, process payments and orders and to verify user information.
- To ensure quality, maintain safety and improve our Services: For example, by monitoring and evaluating how our users interact with our website(s) and Services we can create new features that our users will enjoy and make our Services easier to use.
- To communicate with you. For example, we may email you for feedback, with newsletters or to keep you notified of clinic or website(s) changes. Our communication may be via postal mail, email, phone or text regarding our products and Services.
- To customize the user experience. We may personalize your experience by providing you relevant notifications and advertisements for our Services, recommending content for you, providing updates, newsletters, information and blog posts.
- To place and manage ads in our advertising program.
- To market our Services, deliver our advertising materials and measure, gauge and improve the effectiveness of our marketing. For example, by targeting and retargeting marketing messages and by analyzing results of marketing campaigns. We may use third-party vendors, such as Facebook and Google; Google may show our ads on other websites.
- To update you on changes, enhancements or established services.
- To protect our Services, our users and the public. For example, by detecting security incidents; protecting and detecting against fraudulent use, deceptive, malicious or illegal activity; to fight spam; comply with legal obligations; to protect the rights and property of Purple Mountain Physical Therapy, LLC. We may, for example, terminate Services or decline a transaction.
- To develop content on our site(s) that is tailored to user interests.
- To enforce terms and conditions and to remain legally compliant
- To Independent contractors and authorized service providers: We may disclose information about you to independent contractors or authorized service providers whom we work with who need this information to help us provide our Services or process information on our behalf.
- Third-party vendors: We may share information about you with third-party vendors who need the information in order to provide their services to us, for us or to provide their services to you. This includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (such as payment processing providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you, registrars, registries, data escrow services that allow us to provide domain registration services, and our hosting provider); those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g., by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns, and by placing ads to market our services); those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers); those that make tools to help us run our operations (like programs that help us with task management, scheduling, accounting, word processing, email, marketing, texting and other communications, and collaboration among our teams); other third-party tools that help us manage operations; and companies that make products available on our websites, who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide support services to you.
- Legal and regulatory requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request, to establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or when required to be a mandatory reporter or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we may elect to waive or raise any legal objection or right available to us. Also for legal purposes when illegal activity is suspected including for the prevention regarding suspected illegal activity, fraud or other wrongdoing. For legal purposes to protect and defend rights, property or safety of our employees, users, our company or others. To enforce our terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- To protect rights, property and others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Purple Mountain Physical Therapy, LLC, its staff, or third parties.
- With your consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties when you authorize us to do so. We may share a review or testimonial you have provided in our marketing, advertising or outreach efforts.
- Aggregated or de-identified information: We may share, retain or collect aggregated and de-identified information, so that it can no longer reasonably be used to identify you.
Information we collect from other sources:
How and why we use information:
Purposes for using information
We use personal information for a variety of purposes, many of which have been described above. We use information about you for the purposes listed below:
How we share information
To provide our services we share personal information in limited circumstances, as necessary, and with safeguards on your privacy. These circumstances include:
Length of time we retain your personal information
Information shared publicly
Information you choose to make public is disclosed publicly. This may include reviews or testimonials, posts, likes and comments on our website(s).
Ads and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Choices you have:
You have several choices available when it comes to information about you:
Limit the information that you provide: When you have an account with us, you can choose not to provide the optional information, profile information and transaction information. Please keep in mind that if you do not provide this information, certain aspects of our Services will be inaccessible. This may result in you being unable to use certain features of our sites because such information may be required to register as a user member, to login, to schedule an appointment online, to purchase products or services, to send a query, receive a newsletter, participate in a survey or initiate other transactions on our sites.
Limit access to information on your mobile device: Your mobile device operating system should provide you with the option to discontinue our ability to collect stored information or location information.
Opt-Out of marketing communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us. To do so, let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you opt out of promotional communications, we may still send you other communications, like those about your account, appointments and legal notices.
Set your browser to reject cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our websites, with the drawback that certain features of our websites may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
Close your account: If you no longer want to use our Services you may close your account. We may continue to retain our records and your personal information after closing your account, as described in Length of time we keep your personal information, above. For example, there may be legal obligations, such as there are laws governing how long we must keep medical records.
Personal information of children under 13 years of age
Our website(s) and Services are intended for adult users. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not submit any personal information through our sites. We require parents or legal guardians to serve as the website users for any children who may be receiving our services.
No online service is 100% secure. We value your privacy and work to protect your information. We use physical measures, policies and procedures and electronic measures to protect your personal information. Online activity is open to risk of viruses, threats, scams and attacks and we cannot promise you, and you should not expect, that we will be able to protect your personal information under all circumstances, at all times.
To enhance the security of your account, we encourage you to use a complex password and to change your password regularly. Additionally, you are encouraged to carefully maintain your personal information, including your handling and disclosure of such information by avoiding using insecure websites, weak passwords, insecure wifi, nonencrypted email and texting.
No Rights of Third Parties
No enforceable rights by third parties are created through this Policy.
Changes to this Policy
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account login, but if you aren’t able to or you’d like to contact us about one of the other choices you can reach us at the above email address.