We help women and men overcome their pelvic condition, naturally and wholistically, without pain medications, so that they can get back to an active life and have a smile on their face again!
You want results. You feel uncertain about what pelvic floor PT is and, actually a little intimated by it. You are also hesitant because your problem is personal and you don’t want to waste your time going to someone who doesn’t know how to help you.
This is your validation that you deserve to feel better and to get rid of your pelvic problem. And that you have found the right place to receive your pelvic floor PT and help you! What’s holding you back?
If your hesitation is that you don’t know where to go and who can help you. Then. Stop. That. Excuse. Right. Here. We offer expert pelvic floor PT treatments.
At Purple Mountain PT we specialize exclusively in providing wholistic, effective and expert care for pelvic floor PT. We treat all pelvic conditions that women and men experience.
When you choose Purple Mountain PT you are choosing to be proactive, to address your nagging problem and to get results. You don’t want to waste your time, going to someone who doesn’t know how to help you. We also understand you might feel nervous because your condition is in a private area and pelvic floor PT sounds a bit intimidating. Rest assured, our patients tell us that their appointments are helpful, comfortable and educational, that they feel heard and understood. In contrast to your fears and anxiety, we can assure you that your time with us will be uplifting, informative and encouraging! Our pelvic floor PT is comprehensive, meaning a lot of our treatment occurs far away from the pelvis, such as at your shoulder blades or your thighs. We also include lifestyle, exercise, nutrition, stress management and other wholistic interventions because these help you get results!
How can we say with confidence that we are the right choice for your pelvic floor PT? Because our patients tell us that all the time.
If you give us a try, you will know within the first phone call if you think I may be able to help you. At your first visit you will receive an education and in-depth evaluation that is different from anything you have had with any other provider. We’re not just making this up, our patients tell us this. These are the types of things we hear from our patients:
I was hesitant to come to pelvic floor PT. I didn’t know what to expect, now I wish I had come sooner because I could have felt better long ago!
I’ve gone to a chiropractor and pelvic PT for months and still have problems, I decided to try you because I like that you specialize in this.
I went to someone else, but they didn’t explain it like you.
You are my third PT and the first one to help me feel better.
My other provider never treated all the things you are treating.
At my other provider I felt like my appointments were too short to really treat everything I needed.
My other provider didn’t seem to know what my problem was and gave me a sheet of exercises to do that I knew wouldn’t help me.
I went somewhere else and they didn’t examine things nearly as in depth as you and didn’t ask me the questions you asked. I can tell you know what you are doing here.
You get the idea. I understand why you may be skeptical that pelvic floor PT could help you, especially if you’ve already gotten care that didn’t work. But, many of our patients have been in your shoes and have found that by choosing Purple Mountain PT and getting wholistic and expert care, they finally feel hopeful and can see they will get better.
You will receive your pelvic floor PT care from someone who knows how to get you results!
Dr. O’Keefe has devoted her life and her curious mind to learning and treating pelvic floor conditions and all pelvic problems. She has treated just about every pelvic condition you can imagine. Pelvic floor PT is a path forward for you, proven in research to help you get better. We have invested more than 2 decades into learning, studying, treating, teaching and post-graduate education focused on pelvic problems and wholisitic healing. If you are wondering how qualified and what expertise Dr. O’Keefe has, here’s a glimpse:
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Degree with a capstone project on physical therapy indications in pregnancy, exercise in pregnancy and a focus on pelvic conditions
- Masters of Physical Therapy Degree with a research project on the movement patterns of individuals with total knee replacement and a heavy focus on orthopedic injuries and clinical rotations working in busy orthopedic clinics.
- Bachelors Degree, biology major and chemistry minor with research project on blood transfusion.
- Division I volleyball player, athlete and exercise enthusiast.
- Certification in dry needling.
- Tons of post-graduate education taken all over the country specific to pelvic problems. This includes:
- Advanced training in pregnancy and postpartum recovery, diastasis recti, birth preparation, exercise in pregnancy, pelvic girdle pain in pregnancy and postpartum and more.
- Advanced training specific to male pelvic health & pelvic floor dysfunction including prostate conditions, chronic prostatitis pain, post-prostatectomy recovery, male erectile dysfunction, male pelvic floor dysfunction, male pelvic pain, testicular pain, hernias and more!
- Advanced training & treatments in all bladder conditions including overactive bladder, urinary frequency and urgency, urge incontinence, stress incontinence, nocturia (getting up at night to pee), urinary retention, neurogenic bladder, neobladder post-cancer.
- Advanced training and treatments for interstitial cystitis. In fact, the specific treatment methods we use were researched in a 6 clinic nationwide NIH study and because they worked, the guidelines for treating IC include this exact treatment you will receive! Here is a link to the guidelines!
- Advanced training and treatments for painful sex, vulvodynia, provoked vestibulodynia persistent genital arousal disorder, penile pain, anorgasmia and more!
- Advanced training and treatments for all spine conditions. Sub-specialty in spine problems including completing a post-graduate spine certification program that was one year in length.
- Advanced training and treatments for all orthopedic pelvic problems including SI joint dysfunction, pubic pain, sports hernia, hip labral tears, sciatica, low back pain, neck and thoracic problems, hamstring pulls, coccyx pain and more!
- Advanced training in pelvic floor dysfunction, core, diaphragmatic breathing and coordination of these muscles to control intra-abdominal pressure and optimize bladder control and reduce pelvic organ prolapse
- Advanced training in pelvic organ prolapse, cystocele, urethrocele, hypermobile urethra, rectocele, rectal prolapse, uterine prolapse.
- Advanced training and treatment methods for Pudendal neuralgia, sciatica, posterior femoral cutaneous nerve injuries, obturator nerve injuries and other pelvic nerve injuries.
- Advanced training and treatments for myofascial mobilization and fascia release.
- Advanced training and treatments for chronic pelvic pain, chronic pain syndromes, pain neuroscience education and overlapping pain conditions.
- Advanced training and treatments for visceral mobilization.
- Advanced training and work experience in busy orthopedic and rehabilitation clinics, including serving as the spine specialist for failed low back syndrome, working with athletes, treating individuals with spinal cord injury, neurologic conditions, post-stroke recovery, burns and complex trauma.
You don’t settle for anything in your life, why settle for pelvic problems, a less active life and less than high quality pelvic floor PT treatment?
Do you know there is treatment for:
**Stress incontinence: you don’t have to lose pee everytime you laugh!
**Urge incontinence: you don’t have to rush to the toilet and fear losing pee
**Urinary frequency: you don’t have a small bladder! You need treatment!
**Pelvic Organ Prolapse: this is a biggie! Ladies, if you have any prolapse you can optimize the pelvic region to provide better support to the area.
**SI Joint pain: This hurts! We know your pain and we can help it!
**Gluteal tendinopathy: Does your glute hurt? We can check you out and help you figure out why. If it is tendionpathy we have a treatment program for that! If it’s something else, we know what to do to help you!
**Pubic pain: This. Is. Frustrating. To. Have. & I can help you!
**Pudendal Neuralgia: The monster of pelvic pain. It can get better!
**Sciatica: ‘nuf said. It hurts. PT helps.
**Endometriosis: The long, painful, lonely road. PT helps endo pain!
**Interstitial Cystitis: Beastly bladder condition & I specialize in treating it!
**Recurrent urinary tract infections: You probably have pelvic floor dysfunction and we can get that better to reduce your risk of another infection
**Vulvodynia: Yep, we know you are suffering silently. We specialize in helping this. It’s awful & can get better!
**Painful sex: Sex shouldn’t hurt! There’s treatment for this!
**Painful cesarean scars or other scars: We can address this and get rid of that pain! Wouldn’t it be great if your clothing didn’t hurt your scar?
**Pelvic muscle spasms: Ouch. Yep, they feel just like you imagine. & I can help them go away.
**Pelvic Floor Dysfunction: All those muscles “down there” not quite working right? I can help that.
**Constipation & straining: Believe it or not, the pelvic muscles and involved in this problem and I can help you! Take care of it so you don’t give yourself a prolapse.
**Pregnancy related pelvic girdle pain: My specialty!!
**Postpartum recovery: Again, this is my jam! I love to help you get back to feeling strong and confident as you recover.
**Birth trauma injury: I have seen them all & I can help you!
**Chronic prostatitis pain: PT is the way out of this problem!
**Testicular, penile or vulvar pain: PT works! I can help you!
**Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder: This. Is. Awful. I know it and I can help you!
Purple Mountain Physical Therapy, located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, is a specialty pelvic floor PT clinic. We help women and men with pelvic floor dysfunction recover so they can live an active life! We have been exclusively focused on pelvic health for over 20 years and offer a level of expertise and wholistic care that you won’t find elsewhere! If you are wondering if we may be able to help you, call 616-516-4334 to talk to Dr. Maureen O’Keefe, DPT. We can discuss your symptoms and condition and determine if pelvic floor PT may help you!
Dr. Maureen O’Keefe, DPT